Skeyi and Strobo Fabrik Party has announced the launch of its first ever 3-day art and design
convention dubbed ‘Fabrikans Convention’.
In a press release Skeyi and Strobo Fabrik Party noted that the event will take place on the 27th-29th of October
2023 at Alliance Française de Harare.
“Come and experience 30 hours of Zimbabwe’s streetwear and alternative music scene;street art, fashion runways, and art exhibitions with the coolest kids in the country,” reads the press statement in part.
This is what makes Skeyi and Strobo Fabrik Party a unique experience for attendees.
- Friday will kick off with a series of workshops & panel discussions with a number of experts and creative professionals in the realms of Visual Art, Fashion, Music & Creative Business. This day is focused on ensuring growth of Zimbabwe’s creatives. The workshops will start off at 11am till 5pm.
- On Saturday, we have a great lineup of taste makers from around the country in the music, fashion & art scenes. Chikwata 263, the electric mbira punk rock band will be the headline act taking to the mainstage along with Mabvuku’s metal rock band, Acid TEARS. If you have not heard of them this is an opportunity to come and discover some of Zimbabwe’s hidden gems with a vibrant sound. Chengeto Brown, will also take to the main stage to perform her new and unreleased music.
- Alternating with the main stage is the CASTROL stage, which will offer house & techno music from DJ-duo, BAM BAM MADAME, DJ RORI and an eclectic list of taste makers who will turn up the space with their best curated playlist. It will also bring their finalists emcees for a hip hop cypher you don’t want to miss!
- What are cool kids without style? Fashion will be the biggest highlight on Sunday, with combos and threads never before seen in Harare through runway shows and installations.
- SS Fabrik Party will be launching 2 new initiatives this edition, the Designers Marathon supported by Pacific Cigarettes Company and City2City Activations. The former is a competition where the top 5 fashion designer contestants go head to head with their dopest combos. The latter, City2City Activations, will bring in 5 participants from Victoria Falls, Bulawayo, Gweru and Chinhoyi to showcase their innovative collections, supported by Zimbabwe German Society Das Kollektiv 2023.